July 18, 2009

One Year

Today marks the day our documents arrived in Ethiopia. We were in the middle of moving and Miles and I joined my in-laws in Houston for some traditional food at an Ethiopian Restaurant. We started that day being hopeful. We were elated to begin our journey to our daughter. We knew she was coming from Ethiopia and have shared our story with so many people along the way.
Our road has been filled with joy, hope, excitement, fear, doubt, heartache, and now peace. Although we still don't know who our daughter is, we are filled with love for her. She has been longed for for so long, the love we have for her is infinite. We are hopeful again. We are next in line for our baby girl! It has to be soon. Our family will soon be complete! We love you Marley, and can't wait to see your precious face!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Happy Anniversary!! Ack. LOL!!

Alida said...

It can't be too much longer now Eliza ... hang in there girl ... next one has to be you guys ... no doubt!!

Justine said...

Elisa - I can't tell you how many times I have thought of you this weekend. I don't want to say this is your week because well... my guesses haven't been so on with this whole process. BUT... it really feels like it to me. I hope, hope, hope, you are calling me soon. Your Marley is there just waiting for you. I know it.