October 28, 2008

6 Referrals in the Last Two Days!

So for those hundreds of you out there that check my blog daily (sarcasm attached), there have been six more referrals of children in the last two days! 3 boys and 3 girls, ages ranging from 6 months to 6 years. The family that saw their six year old for the first time today submitted their paperwork the same day we did! How excited they must be right now! I can't imagine the elation! So where does this put us on "the list", you ask? Haha! I really don't know. I just emailed our caseworker to get a better idea. In the world of adoption forums, we have an unofficial list and according to it, there are only 4 families ahead of us requesting a girl over 12 months old. The referrals that came in today were not newborns, so the possibility of us getting a child over one is still there. For those of you that know me, you know I over analyze things and that's exactly what I've been doing with this adoption...lol! I have the printed "unofficial" list and I stalk our agency's forum all day long and wait for referrals to come in and then I excitedly cross their names off MY list! My list is in no way accurate, because people add their information voluntarily. I like my list because it's probably shorter than the actual list and it makes me feel like this adoption will actually happen some day.
Are you ready for more over analyzing? Soooooo, IF our agency gets another batch of referrals like they did today in the same age range, we could very likely receive a referral REALLY soon, like REALLY SOON! I know I've been saying that for like ever, but it's the wishful thinking part of me.

Miles had a really great time at school with his classmates on his birthday! Daddy surprised him and snapped some pictures! I will post soon. We went out to eat as a family and he was overjoyed to receive some birthday presents! I wonder where he gets his zelousness from? HaHa! He has his birthday party this weekend and I really hope some of his new friends show up. If not, it will be Miles, me and Brandon and his grandparents watching a magician show and running around the Willard Recreation Center....lol! That would be a great photo op!

3 comments:

Missy said...

I want an official list!! Ok, we have to follow our unofficial list, whatever. I always just double the numbers on the unofficial list. The UL shows us with 21 families in our category ahead of us. So I figure maybe it's more like 45ish. Still seems like a long way off, but not with the wave of referrals this month!!

Ronnie and Suzi said...

Good News!! I am hoping it's soon for you guys!

Suzi

Gretchen Magruder said...

It's coming....SOON!!!