August 29, 2009

It's Time to Start Nesting!

The joy in my heart is amazing right now. Those days of pain and disappointment are over. I won't forget how it felt to wait to find out who our daughter was and to see her face, but that is all a memory now. I thank God for the journey to Marley and I thank God that it is almost over. I recall hearing other adoptive parents claim how it all just disappear and you just forget the wait when you hold your child for the first time. While we aren't there yet, we definately feel relief. That pain has been filled with utter joy! We have a daughter, a real life baby girl that is waiting for us! She is just amazing and this heart if about to burst with love and joy! She is on this earth and is sleeping under the same sky that we are sleeping under...my baby! Just amazing!
I went to a baby shower today, the first time in a while and it brought me to joyful tears. I too have a little one coming soon. I shared in my friends happiness today in my own little way. It made me realize that I am way behind. Some of my adoption friends laughed when they saw my "nursery." Okay, so here it is.
You can stop laughing...lol. I have been avoiding preparing her room to prevent an emotional breakdown. I didn't want to have a nursery to look at everyday for a year. Whew, that would just kill me. But today, I realized that chances are Marley will be here in about two months. That's not very long! If I was pregnant, I would have already started the nursery. I get excited easily, no secret. If I were a dog, I'd be the one jumping up and down and peeing when company came. And today, the idea of Marley coming home kicked in.
So in the next few weeks, I'll be setting up the crib and getting my baby girl's room ready. YAY!

5 comments:

Missy said...

YEA!!! I'm glad you are doing it!!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see the beautiful results!!!

Sam's mom said...

do you have a court date yet (for when the court's re-open)?? I want to keep that date in my prayers.

Justine said...

YEAHHH!! FINALLY! I wish I could say it was my advice that pushed you into it - haha - but whatever the reason, i am happy that you are taking the plunge. Get ready because take it from me there won't be time for any of it soon enough. Looking forward to some new nursey pics soon.

Calling you tomorrow!

Alida said...

Can't wait to see the end result Elisa ... I'm sure it'll look so beautiful!!! Hope you get your court date soon!!!

Kris, Staci, & Marley said...

Staci and I can't wait to see pics of the nursery when it's done. We were just the opposite as you guys. We were really excited to get it done early because we knew there wouldn't be a lot of time between referral and travel to do everything we wanted. Plust it was kind of a reminder to ourselves that this IS going to happen...some day. We've still got to get closet doors put in and get our crib dismantled. It was recalled so we have to take off a bracket, mail it in, wait for our store credit to come through from Babys-r-Us and then pick out a new one. Other than that, it's done besides some wall decor. I'm pretty sure we're getting one of those large Africa wall decals from the Sager's etsy store. They're too cool!