July 7, 2008

Life as a Nomad

Nomad : 1. a member of a people who have no fixed residence but move from place to place usually seasonally and within a well-defined territory

We are living as nomads! I had been previously referring to our lives as homeless, in my sarcastic, trying to be funny, kind of way. A friend of mine approached me at church asking about our nomadness (is that a word English teacher)? Then I realized that while we technically are homeless right now, we are a member of a people who have no fixed residence, but move from place to place usually seasonally, and the people that are housing us have homes and have been very generous in offering their home to us, therefore we aren't homeless. We are just nomads! LOL!

We have a few more weeks of this and then Miles and I are off to Missouri to set up our new home. I will be driving myself, so we are breaking the trip into 4 different stops....I'm the one who sleeps in cars, not drives. But along the way, continuing our lives as nomads, we'll get to visit with family and dear friends.

While living out of a suitcase may not seem glamourous to most, I think we are enjoying it. The way God has provided for us so far has been amazing and has shown us that wherever we are, even if we are nomads, He's still with us and still uses us, and blesses us. We are trying to live a life of anticipation. Anticipating God's will on our lives. We have seen many many times what obedience does, and how He uses it to teach us and reach us. So whatever He has for us, we are ready! Bring it on!

ADOPTION UPDATE
Our Dossier is in DC getting authenticated by Ms. Condaleeza Rice and should be in Ethiopia next week, after that we are official, and believe me, you all will know when that happens! Our wait will probably be about 6 months and our daughter will probably be about a year old. We sold the mustang and are just a few thousand short of funding our adoption....!!!!!

7 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

woo hoo!!! we're right behind you!!

LISA said...

Yay!! Way to go!!And, Ms.Rice!!?
How cool!
I know 3 people in the town u are moving to. There last names are Willard!!They are my exes relatives. Nice people

Debbie said...

Congrats on getting your dossier authenticated!!! Great news! Also best wishes on the trip to Missouri!! We are in southern Illinois, if you need anything! You are welcome here!

Debbie

DA Wagners said...

It's fun being a nomad sometimes. We will so miss you guys during our playdates! I can't believe your family is moving already!!!

Unknown said...

Yay nomads! Even though I'm sure it's stressful at times, you sure are creating neat memories, huh? We were nomads once, when Jacob was a newborn. It's crazy, but fun. We sure will miss you guys. The other day, Brandon was waving hi to me at church, and I was in my own world. It was a few seconds before I noticed him, and when I did, he was looking at me like, "Do you not see me???" Sorry Brandon, I'm a little spacey!

Kris, Staci, & Marley said...

Hi, we live in Albany which is a small town in Northwest MO, we have requested a girl 0-12 months. We would love to get together someday!

Wimberley said...

Had fun sunday night with you guys!
Will miss you! keep in touch girl!