July 1, 2008

Brandon's Entry!!!

All,

Elisa has done such a wonderful job with her blog entries, I am so thankful for her and her Godly words of wisdom and encouragement. I also believe that she is a much better, and more eloquent speaker than I am.

But today, I am putting aside my shyness because I am too far overwhelmed by God's blessings to not say anything. Pastor Bil said awhile back in one of his sermons, "If you are obedient to God in everything you do, God will bless you until you are completely overwhelmed." Of course I heard and understood what Bil was saying, but I don't honestly think I had been obedient in EVERYTHING I was doing. So I made a promise to myself to try to be obedient in all things I do everyday. And along the way, God started to pour His blessings upon me, and my family.

In a span of less than 30 days, my family and I have moved out of our home here in CC, rented out our home to another family, bought an additional home at my new duty station in Springfield, MO, helped Miles through a minor surgery, and submitted our COMPLETED dossier to our adoption agency!!!! Throughout all of this, God gave me a calmness I cannot explain. I feel stress free, and I am so thankful for what God is doing in our lives!!

And God still was not done! Today I sold my beloved 1965 Ford Mustang (yes the one I have had for over 17 years) and I didn't even blink an eye! God put it on my heart that selling it and using the money to go towards the adoption was the right thing to do. Again, it is sometimes a struggle, but I now have the mindframe to say that I must be obedient to what God is telling me, and God is blessing me for it.

I am in total awe of what God is doing in my life, and I am so excited to see what He has in store for me and my family. THANK YOU LORD!!!!

In His Glory,
Brandon Hyman

5 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

wow!! God is so good!! We just sent our dossier today for a 3-5 year old girl...maybe we'll see you in Addis!!

Toni Lynch said...

God has also blessed me in knowing both you and Elisa.....Your son Miles is so handsome too! I am sure he will be well prepared to be the big brother. In God's glory!!! Toni Lynch Your #1 cheerleader through this paperchase process :)

Unknown said...

Hey cute pic n nice write up

Dani Noonan said...

Hi There! My name is Danielle and my husband and I live in Houston. We're also adoption from Ethiopia but haven't put in our app. yet. Praying praying praying! Loved the blog and found it on CHI's website. Good luck and God bless!!! ~Danielle Noonan

Christina Ketchum said...

God IS amazing!!!