August 8, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood...


So this is the wetlands that are behind our back yard, or should I say, are part of our back yard. This is what we see when we go out on our deck in our back yard. Well this evening is soooo beautiful, I had to share it with y'all. The crickets and birds are chirping,the weather is about 72 degrees and will drop to 62 degrees tonight!!!

So that is why we have the WINDOWS OPEN in August!!! Just ignore our laundry, I refuse to connect the dryer, I'm waiting on Brandon....lol!


This is my beloved orchid! I have been wanting one for a very long time, and waited until we moved to avoid having to move with a flower...lol! She was on sale and her name is Ophelia...lol! Some of you will get that! Also notice my new kitchen curtains I just made today, and the paint samples behind Ophelia, I'm changing the kitchen to a buttercream, and I think I'm going to be bold and border the top part of the wall with a thick chocolate stripe? Did you notice the window open...lol, don't be jealous!
This is another reason that it's a BEAUTIFUL day....My new friend Cricut! For my scrapbooking friends out there, this is an essential tool to scrapbooking and I've wanted one forever. But.....they are like $200 new, and that's after they have dropped the price. Well I found this one on ebay for $50!!! HOLY COW! I finally got one and CHEAP!

So Miles and I have been having "school time" and have been working on letters, following directions, cutting, days of the week, months of the year, and counting to 50. So a lot has been on MY calendar lately, that I decided we needed to make Miles a calendar so that he can keep track of when Daddy is coming home, his play dates and most importantly when he starts playing soccer! Yes, my baby's first sport! It's offered right here in the little town of Willard! I love it here! So here is his calendar...

3 comments:

Sohl Gal said...

Sweet! I've always wondered what the cricut looks like. I'm so excited that you have one! Love the poster, btw. Very, very cute!

Mom to many said...

Oh you are so creative. Love the calendar page --- I USED to scrapbook a ton, but now it seems like I am too busy. Great laundry, too. I love fresh outside drying...

DA Wagners said...

You are such a crafty lady. I love the color in your kitchen and those curtains are totally cool and one of a kind!!! I'm glad you got that neat little scrapbooking machine. I have no idea what it is. I'm a horrible scrapbooker and always will be!